The FinTech industry has become a massive sector flush with opportunity. If you are a job seeker looking for a role in this exciting industry, there are 3 key considerations to keep in mind.
Firstly, FinTech offers a wide variety of different roles to fit many talents and skills. Secondly, the professionals surrounding you in FinTech are highly passionate and driven. Finally, FinTech is only getting bigger, offering new and exciting opportunities every day.
Understanding each of these and how they will affect your career in FinTech is crucial. In this article, we will examine these 3 components of the industry and how they may benefit you.
1. FinTech has a Diversity of Roles
A major advantage of working within FinTech is gaining access to a wide scope of different positions.
Not only will you have the chance to collaborate outside of your department, but you will also get to expand your skills.
Here are 6 examples of some of the many roles you can find in FinTech:
- Quality Analyst: FinTech involves lots of software and a range of projects. Quality assurance and analysis professionals ensure that all of the client and business goals are being met.
- Software Developer: Software developers are core members of any FinTech team. From platform implementations to coding applications, developers are highly sought after.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI has grown into a huge sector within FinTech. Working as an AI professional will give you many opportunities to work with different departments, including development and regulatory compliance teams.
- Marketing Professionals: Having the right marketing team is essential for any business. FinTech companies look for marketing professionals who can boost their visibility and reach.
- DevOps Engineers: DevOps has become massively important for unifying FinTech development and operations teams. Working in FinTech gives you a great opportunity to begin building a career as a DevOps engineer.
- Data Analytics: Both finance and technology involve hefty amounts of data. Professionals who can gather and analyze this data are major players within FinTech.
The beauty of FinTech is that there are all sorts of different positions and specializations. No matter what your interests are, there is likely a role for you.
2. Professionals in the Industry are Highly Passionate
When you enter into the FinTech industry, you will quickly discover that you are surrounded by very passionate professionals.
Indeed, FinTech companies seek out employees who are not only technically skilled but emotionally driven to succeed. Passion for the work is a crucial element for success within FinTech.
Working around passionate teams provides you with many benefits, including:
- Opportunities for Collaboration: For professionals who care deeply about their work in FinTech, the importance of collaboration is well-known. Working with these types of people will present you with many opportunities to work on projects and with teams outside of your comfort zone. This also gives you a fantastic opportunity for professional growth!
- Uplifting Work Environments: Being surrounded by teammates who are highly invested in their work often results in an optimistic work environment. When everyone around you is excited about a company’s upcoming projects and services, you will find yourself feeling uplifted and inspired.
- Supportive Teams: Success in FinTech starts from the ground up. While working in FinTech, you are likely to encounter leaders and management that are committed to providing you with the support you need. By doing so, both you and the business benefit from your ability to provide the highest quality of work possible.
3. The FinTech Industry is Ever-Expanding
The FinTech industry has grown immensely in recent years and only continues to expand.
As a FinTech professional, you will join a global network of professionals that share the same passion for collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
Becoming a part of this global industry will give you tons of exciting new opportunities, including:
- Networking: Have you always wanted to connect with professionals from other countries and continents? FinTech gives you that very opportunity. By working in the industry, you will work with teams and leaders from all over the world.
- Relocation: If you have ever considered relocating to a different state or country, FinTech can support you in this goal. With thousands of new jobs popping up every day, you can choose the company and location that fits your wants and needs.
- Diversified Skills: Working with professionals from around the world will help you to diversify your skills and learn skills you may not have in other industries. For instance, many FinTech professionals end up becoming bilingual due to the global nature of the industry.
If you have been looking for a passionate industry with opportunities for advancement and growth, FinTech may be the place for you.
Working in FinTech will expose you to a whole new world of professional development. You will gain valuable skills that you can transfer into many areas of business..
If you are interested in starting your career in FinTech, reach out to our team at CPQi today! We are always looking for talented and driven individuals to add to our growing team.
Written by Stephen Newman, Regional Head of Recruiting at CPQi.