CPQi Canada is looking to hire a derivative back office subject matter expert who is well versed in hedge accounting.
The incumbent will be hired by CPQi to facilitate tasks related to derivatives for one of our priority clients. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting aggressive target dates and deliverables.
- As part of the Derivative Middle Office Hedge Assessment team, you will be required to assist with the setup of all new hedge accounting relationships in our system. This includes:
- Reviewing Hedge Inception Documentation for accuracy and timeliness
- Troubleshooting hedge related question by Front Office
- Monitoring inception hedge assessment results
- Informing Front Office of important hedge related events
- Reviewing quarterly dry run results and escalating potential issues.
- Preparing various quarterly reports such as the Derivatives Use Plan
- Performing quarterly hedge assessment cashflow adequacy testing for existing cashflow hedge relationships
- Responding to adhoc audit requests related to hedge accounting.
- Performing various ongoing controls to ensure changes to underlying instruments are reflected accurately in hedging relationships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of investment operations experience with hands-on experience in derivative products/projects
- Hedge accounting experience is a plus.
- IFRS 9/17 general understanding is an asset.
- Good understanding of Hedge Accounting, including Cashflow, Fair Value and Net Investment Hedges under USGAAP, NAIC and IFRS
- Sound understanding of derivatives lifecycle and related events.
- Understand how liability and derivatives are accounted for and paired off.
- Desire to understand the accounting impacts of Derivatives, Assets and Liabilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend solutions.
- Independent and self driven individual with the capability of learning on their own.
- Solid organizational skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing environments and deal with competing priorities.
- Team player with demonstrated experience building and maintaining good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Familiarity with the Derivative System Findur or other large derivative back-office systems is a plus.
- Relevant undergraduate education or advanced degree – Business Administration, Finance, Economics, MBA, etc. preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Self starter with minimal day to day hand holding.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities, as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail