As a Senior Development Engineer, you will be a member of an agile, multi-functional team producing commercial software. You will help drive the adoption of modern software practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automated unit, integration, system and performance testing and continuous integration, delivery and deployment. You will oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation. You will work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision. You will mentor and train project team members to enforce development guidelines and best practices. You will design, develop documents and analyze overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software requirements. You will design and develop full stack code for web applications and services. You will be responsible for ensuring that technical debt is identified and addressed as appropriate.
• 8+ years’ experience in full-stack Java Development
• 6+ years of strong experience in core Java
• 5+ years’ experience developing and managing RESTful API applications using microservices.
• Experience with OWASP and Securing web applications, Tomcat/WebLogic, MySQL, and MSSQL Server
• Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools such as Apigee and frameworks such as Spring Boot for Microservices
• Expert knowledge of various data integration solutions and design patterns in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership to include taking ownership for initiatives, working effectively in a team environment, and working on an independent basis
• Strong technical experience with application performance tuning, and unit/integration/performance testing
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams in an agile environment.
• Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
• Strong professional verbal and written interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or meaningful work experience
• Experience in Pivotal platform (PCF and PAS), Redis, RabbitMQ and MongoDB is preferred
• Working experience on GIT/Bitbucket, SVN, Webpack, Maven, and Jenkins is preferred
• Experience modernizing legacy applications to meet newer technology and security standards preferred