CPQi Canada is seeking a Power BI specialist to work out of our Halifax office.
The incumbent will be facilitating Power BI support for a CPQi Client and expected to work well with the client as an extension of CPQi. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting aggressive target dates and deliverables.
- Develop high level matrix based on business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and development standards for assigned projects/applications.
- Assist with the production of reports using SQL Server, Analysis Services (SSAS) and reporting services (SSRS)
- Design databases by adding tables, relationships, creating stored procedures, views and performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Design, develop, maintain application using .net and C#.
- Implement business logic written in C#.
- Develop test cases based on test matrix including test data preparation for Data Completeness, Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability.
- Develop Power BI reports and dashboards from multiple data sources.
- Perform data quality analysis using advance SQL skills, perform count validation, dimensional analysis, statistical analysis, data migration.
- Explore data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Involved in troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Design and develop various abstract interfaces to construct business logic using C#, entity framework and SQL.
- Design ad-hoc reports in excel power pivot and share them using Power BI to decision makers for strategic planning.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-8 + years of hands-on experience in developing BI Applications utilizing SQL server, BI Stack, Power BI and Tableau
- Experience in building SSAS cubes and dimensions with different architectures and data sources for Business Intelligence and writing MDX Scripts.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Familiarity with C#, Agile methodologies, and application development
- Proficient in creating, configuring workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in developing C# scripts in SSIS and automation of tasks using C#.
- Experienced in designing and developing SSRS reports using data from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Strong knowledge with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cosmos etc.
- Skills which are assets:
o Program languages – Python, Java, C# and C
o Algorithms – Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, SVM, Oracle, MySQL, HBase, Mongo DB
o Tools & Software – Jira, Microsoft SQL server data tools, and Power BI
- Bachelor’s degree in – Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Self starter with minimal day to day hand holding.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities, as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail