Many people believe that once you choose an industry you are stuck in that career path forever. This is a common misconception. The truth is that you can change your career whenever you feel ready to.
When considering a career change, there are 3 key factors to consider. They are your interest in your work, your professional goals, and your path to advancement. Once you examine each of these you will have a better idea of where to head professionally.
Making a career change doesn’t have to be intimidating or nerve-wracking. In this article, I will cover the three signs that you’re ready for a career change and how to successfully go about it. Plus, I will discuss why FinTech may be the perfect industry for you!
3 Signs that Show You’re Ready for a Career Change
Examining your relationship with your current job is essential. There can be many indications that you are ready to move on from your current position.
Here are three key signs that you are ready to change careers:
- You’re Bored: Being interested in your work matters. When you are interested in your work, you feel more engaged in your day-to-day tasks. This opens up your ability to be creative and innovative throughout the workweek.
- You Have Different Professional Goals: Taking a thorough personal inventory of your skills, strengths, and interests is crucial. This will help you to determine what professional goals you would like to achieve in the next 5 to 10 years. If these goals do not align with your current career path, it’s time to move on.
- You Can’t See a Path to Advancement: You want a career that supports you as much as it challenges you. If your current job or industry does not offer you many growth opportunities, it could be time to consider a change.
How to Successfully Change Careers
Deciding to change careers can be anxiety-inducing. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to ensure you have a smooth transition.
There are 3 essential steps to follow as you make the migration from one career to another. They are as follows:
- Choose an Industry: The first step to changing careers is to choose your ideal industry to work in. You should prioritize your skills and choose the top 1 to 3 skills you would like to focus on. If you are interested in coding, for instance, looking at the software development industry may be right for you, if you’ve always had a strong analytics mindset, business analysis may be something that interests you.
- Find a Niche: Every industry is packed full of different niches. Finding a niche that suits your interests is one of the best ways to help you find the right career path. For example, a professional in the technology industry may choose to specialize in Artificial Intelligence.
- Train, Train, Train: The best thing you can do for yourself as you change careers is to seek out training and certification programs in your desired industry and niche. You want as many relevant skills as possible when moving to an industry where you may not have relevant work experience.
Why You Should Consider a Career in FinTech
FinTech is an ever-evolving and international industry. Combining both finance and technology – two of the most profitable industries to date – FinTech has a lot to offer.
Benefits of working in FinTech include:
- Diverse Opportunities: With many niches, departments, and international connections, FinTech offers you many diverse opportunities. From quality assurance to marketing strategists to technical analysts, FinTech has a wide range of roles.
- Innovative Environment: FinTech is all about innovation and teamwork. When working in this field, you will join a highly collaborative environment. FinTech businesses often value the input of their team, giving you plenty of opportunities to join exciting project and make a real difference.
- Skill Development: To be successful in FinTech, you must develop skills in both tech and finance. Working in FinTech means you will diversify your skillsets like never before. FinTech companies are very supportive of their team members, usually investing thousands into the continued education of their team.
Final Thoughts: Join Us at CPQi
We can’t stress enough how many opportunities you will find when you enter the realm of FinTech.
Here at CPQi, we are always seeking new talent to join our team. By working with CPQi, you gain the advantage of:
- In-House Training Programs: We offer CPQi University, our in-house training program provided for employees looking to further their skills.
- Supportive Leadership: CPQi works diligently to keep our leaders and managers accessible. We strive to create highly supportive environments.
- Network Building: At CPQi, we are building a global network of FinTech professionals. You will gain the opportunity to meet all sorts of people and build your own network as well.
If starting a new career with CPQi sounds like the right opportunity for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would love to help you on your path to achieving your ideal career!